With North Toronto Wellness and Rehab Centre (NTO Rehab) offering multidisciplinary health and medical professional services puts us in a great position to provide a team approach to your particular rehabilitation program. When it comes to your WSIB (Workplace Safety and Insurance Board) rehabilitation program it is critical that you have the right team of doctors and therapists at hand to assess your situation so that the best service and treatment plan can be custom-made to your body.
WHAT TO DO FIRST if you injure yourself at work place?
- Report your injury to your manager / Boss immediately, your employer needs to fill out the appropriate workplace injury incident report to WSIB.
- Call the NTO Wellness & Rehab Centre to book an appointment, our health provider will fill our claim form to WSIB directly.
- Call WSIB to check your claim status if you have not receive any mail/ callithin few days.
- Start your treatment when your claim is accepted, WSIB will cover a pre-determined number of physiotherapy visits, often at no out-of-pocket cost to the NTO Wellness & Rehab Centre
What NTO Wellness and Rehab Centre offers you as a WSIB Rehabilitation Program?
At NTO Wellness and Rehab Centre, our dedicated health team will work closely with the WSIB and offer services focus on:
- Pain relief
- Strengthen & Flexibility
- Improve Functional Abilities
- Provide Ergonomic Advice
- Coordinate Your Return To Work
In many cases, being assessed by a physiotherapist and beginning treatment as soon as possible after an injury speeds return to work and increases the likelihood of full recovery.
What Can Happen If an Injury is NOT REPORTED?
Under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, if either you or your employer delays or fails to report a work-related injury or illness, you may be ineligible to receive any money in compensation and your employer may be fined by the WSIB.